The International Turfgrass Genetic Assurance Program (ITGAP) is a quality assurance program that monitors production sites worldwide to ensure that turfgrasses are grown, inspected, and sold under a rigorous set of rules and guidelines. We all know that certified turfgrasses are proven performers. ITGAP protects the purity of those grasses against contamination, weeds, and other crops during production. The result is:
- high quality,
- consistency of performance, and
- confidence in your golf course, for the long term.
ITGAP was championed by Dr. Earl Elsner, John Hope, and Terry Hollifield in 2000 and instituted by the Georgia Crop Improvement Association.
- Experienced professional inspectors monitor production sites worldwide to ensure that turfgrasses are grown under a rigorous set of production standards.
- ITGAP is an internationally accepted and recognized verification program for turfgrass production.
- Golf and sports turf facility owners, architects and designers see ITGAP as a respected source for quality assurance.